The Essentials of Good Landscape Design
The property around the exterior of your home should get the same amount of attention as the inside of your home. That’s where good landscaping comes in. It can enhance the appearance and add to the value of your home. It all starts with having a vision and some creativity
Not sure how to start? At PB’s Greenthumb, our team of professionals has some landscaping basics to serve as your guide:
- Unity: Repetition is used to unify your design by repeating similar elements, such as plants and décor. Consistency helps by fitting different elements of a landscape together to create a common unit or theme.
- Balance: There are two types of balance in design: symmetrical and asymmetrical. In symmetrical balance, two sides of the landscape are identical while in asymmetrical balance, the landscape composition is balanced using different elements and objects which have almost similar imaginary weight.
- Contrast and Harmony: Contrast helps highlight certain elements in your design, while harmony helps elements in a landscape composition look unified. Contrasting elements draw the viewer’s attention when they’re placed next to each other.
- Color: Color gives your landscape design the dimension of real life. Consider the look you want: warm colors (like reds and oranges) or cool colors (like blues and greens) to create impact and perspective.
- Lines: The most important element in landscape design, lines are used almost everywhere including creating beds, entryways, walkways, texture and perspective. Lines are also used to give an illusion of depth and distance.
Whether you’re creating a new landscape or sprucing up your current one, count on the landscape pros at PB’s Greenthumb to help bring your landscape vision to life. We value your business and take pride in offering the highest level of customer service. Call us today for more information or to get started on your landscape journey!